8.10.2009

...to create space to create

It's been a nutty week! Beside the nuttiness, I did want to share some thoughts concerning a book I'm reading, 'surprised by hope' N.T.Wright. It's a gem of a read! One of the favorite parts of my day has been reading before falling asleep, or falling asleep while reading, however with this book I just read and read and read! And once I find myself at a good stopping point, I put the book down, turn out the light, and lay awake for hours thinking about the new possibilities this life holds in light of the new possibilities God gives us. Needless to say the title is an accurate statement of how I have felt over the past 2 weeks. I can't wait to sit down and re-read it again.

One thought that keeps me up at night is the creation of..well...everything! Wright brings out the idea that God had to create space within himself to create everything we are able to enjoy. Just muddle around in that thought for a while! 'God created space to create'. It's an aspect of life that is beyond anything I can grasp now, nor do I think I'll ever be able to fully understand. But the creativity it takes to design, paint, mold, all those start with raw material. But to create space to create. I don't know how that exactly works. And in the midst of that simply complex thought, there is a hope embedded deep within us and within God to put 'all to rights'! I don't know how this all fits together but like the title say's "our wildly probably hope -that all will be well!"

No comments:

Post a Comment