8.12.2009

Kindred spirits on a journey

Having an ability, and more importantly time to think and have conversations within my head, there are few rhythms I have been able to develop since moving to the south.
1. Reading-I read way more and by default have more to say than I ever imagined I would. I read it years ago..."reading makes you rich!"
2. Vanilla chai-always a consistent intake of chai over the the years, I now find myself enjoying Dunkin Donuts chai, partly because it's the only place in my neck of the woods that has free wi-fi. Made ups for the double D.
3. Conan-a huge fan of Conan O'brian over the years, but since his move to the earlier time slot, I'm not enjoying it as I once had. Maybe once he gets settled in, the old tricks will return?
4.Cooking-most people that don't cook, never really now how to cook. There is a certain "flare" for cooking. Either you got it or not! And as of late, I have realized that cooking is something that I enjoy and really enjoy experimenting with new combinations. My only regret in this department is that I won't be able to share my cooking adventure with my good friend Noah. We have always appreciated good food, but never had the pleasure of cooking together. [This is probable the most gay thing I have done lately]
5. Football- European, although Sunday afternoon Bronco games will never be replaced, but the south has yet to fully understand the importance of a rich tradition like euro footy. My favorite team has always been ManUnited, and will always be. Give me a beautiful pitch any day of the week, and life seems to be alright.

On a more serious note, to follow up my last post. Wright has just begun to muddle around in the idea of "hope existing in the judgement of Christ." I'm almost timid to read further, partly because of how much it will require of life change within myself, partly because I think I need to spend a few more day's with the last 200 pages. I find not only my mind being stretched but also my actions. Maybe it's a combination of head and heart blending together coupled with maturity, but I truly believe that my hope has been dormant for a while, and being refreshed by words of light, life and love; encouragement has come from many directions.
I continually think of those who are kindred spirits with my personal journey and wonder what they might think or how they might be, especially when words like "fair" communicate so well with those that know and understand even in silence.

No comments:

Post a Comment