11.10.2010

A moment

Recently I have been into podcasts. It's a way to find out crazy information about people, places and stuff!

Example - I now know who George Lawrence Price is. If that name doesn't sound familiar, try finding out who he is, without google-ing his name. Hint: ask older generations.

One podcast that I have been enjoying is Vinyl Cafe Stories. The best way to describe it- Prairie Home Company but for Canada.

I was listening to a fantastic story about a son who played the bag pipes for his father at the grave site of his father. [son-father-grandfather] Playing the pipes had been a tradition handed down through the generations and as a gift on a trip to the grandfathers grave site, the son decided the best way to honor the generations was to surprise his father by playing the bag pipes.

I am not making it sound as romantic as the way the story had been told but my point is simple- I had a moment.

As I was listening to the story I suddenly became aware of wanting to become 'new wine skin'. I felt deep within that in order for me to become the most beautiful full person I could become, I needed to crawl out of this old wine skin and become new. And as I sat there picturing myself crawling and becoming new I was struck with the sad realization that I could never do that. And that deep lump in the back of my throat that swells when I hear about tragedy, took its residence and never left. My gradual progression of thought was lost for a few minutes leading to the discovery of one simple truth in the form of hope.

My thought "I hope all of this is true?!"

Everything I have heard, taught and believe deep within...I hope that is true. Because if not, the tragic lump that sits in the back of my throat...I'm afraid will never leave.

*In all honesty this is my sleeve...tread lightly*

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11.11.10

    Hellen Keller said: "Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing."

    Faith itself is an adventure. Faith in your beliefs and life decisions. If you find yourself standing at the top of a cliff built by your own hopes and dreams, wondering if all those things are true, then your doing something right. I think you either build upward with (sometimes unstable) hope and adventure or you dig down towards security. The difference is that it's easier to bury you if you dig your own hole. Transform that lump from fear to excitement and keep building.

    Jeremy

    ReplyDelete
  2. brandi g29.11.10

    i've had very similar moments of that hope...or perhaps question of hope.

    ReplyDelete