7.09.2010

A typical day in the south

Stiched to a standard blue collar work shop shirt, one you'll find in any automotive shop across America, read the words 'Hank'.

In a long southern draw, "Can I help you?"

"Yeah, I blew a tire out yesterday and was wondering if you have any used tires?"

Hank said, "Runnin a little low, follow me... 'Kenny, can you help this guy, he got a blowd out tire and needs a used one"

Kenny looking in my direction, "What size is it?"

I stumbled "Uh...Uh...Uh"

"Hey new guy, go see what size tire's on that car!"

New guy walking back to the shop "195...15r"

Kenny, "Walk this way sir!"

As Kenny pulls down a seemingly new tire off the shelf, I said, "Looks nice, what's it going to run me?"

"He's wanting 40 but we can do 35 plus tax"

"Sounds Good" I said as we walked over to get the 'blewd' out tire from the trunk.

As the tire is being pulled out of the trunk "Look's like you had some fun with this!"

"Well, the wife did!"

"That's what they'all say!"

10 minutes later I left Buddy's Tire Shop with an almost new tire for $38.50 and most importantly 3 new best friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment