3.24.2010

Lost in translation

I once heard that animals have instinctual knowledge about death; they know when someone is on their death bed; they know when other animals are dying; they know when they themselves are about to die by the way they find their final resting place, curl up and slowly go. Over the past two weeks I have done nothing but remain at home. With a highly anticipated trip this weekend to visit some friends and family, I can't help but have a longing to just stay home. I know and understand that it will be good to get out-see the world and interact with people-but my first inclination is to just stay home. Maybe my instinctual knowledge is kicking in, maybe something deep within is dying, maybe for the first time my introvert-ness is creeping up leading to dysfunction.

This feeling has lead to some thoughts about life in general.
1. It seems that a ton of aspects of life are just distractions from reality.
2. Those distractions help maintain a sense of purpose and fulfillment.
3. The disconnect between what a person is good at and what they actually do is deep and wide.
4. Reality is discovered when distraction is rejected

No comments:

Post a Comment